Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to making and using Second DNS and apache also subdomain dns setting?
Hello
First of all thanks for this great Control Panel.
I used kloxo and vitualmin as free. Virtualmin is a bit complex and installing is hard. Maybe kloxo has more option and practical but just working centos and i want to support ehcp.

I have linux vps. It use hypervm for virtualization. it has control panel for vps. I use for reinstall, reboot, filemanagement etc. Also has dns option.
First question
My vps company give me dns server record ns1,ns2.

I have just made some tests . I have 2 way to make dns record
one of them is record my vps ip to my domain(ehcp and ubuntu working dnsserver) second is recording hypervm dns to my domain.

I have 5 domains. Firstly i have recorded vps company's dsn like ns1.blabla.com in to my domain registery and i add domain in ehcp. So it work but when i added subdomain it didnt work. secondly i registered subdomain to hypervm dns tools and subdomain worked.

But if i use recording my ip to directly my domain
domain and subdomain is working without hypervm dns record. That means if you use hypervm dns server you cant use your ehcp dns server. well quesiton is if i change dns template {dnsip} and write my hypervm dns in option of edit dns template for this domain it is work for domain and subdoimains?

Second question
I had just one ip and i added second ip. When i look ehcp in options there is record of dnsip and singleserverip.

I revise with new ip and all domain is doest work. i think because of all dns and apache record are old ip.

I want to using ips for each domains as seperate. i look dns template and there are {dnsip}{webip}{mailip} also apache template has {webserverip}.All of them is default and just for one ip.

So to change some domain ip, must i change {dnsip}{webip}{mailip} ? Is there any practical solution? maybe add second default ips like {dnsip2} {wepip2} etc or option of choosing ip for each domains

Bu arada Türküm ama herkes faydalansın diye ingilizce yazdım. Cevabınız için şimdiden teşekkür ederim.

Restored from old drupal forum, for user uid:4226 usernameConfusediella
You may reset your password to access your new account here.
1st answer: even if you write hypervm dns in "dns template", your domains&subdomains will not work.
A general explanation about dns:
2 way to manage dns:
1- if you use other dns's (otehr than ehcp, such as hypervm), you need to add all domains&subdomains in that dns manager; or you can use also wildcard record to point all subdomains to your server, in that case, any subdomain that you add to ehcp will work directly.
2- if you use ehcp to manage dns of your domains (I recomend this), you dont need to add anything to other dns managers. in this case, you need to redirect domain from registrar to your server ip. If you use this way, you dont need any other dns manager, provided that you redirected your domain to your server ip.

you can find a detailed explanation at http://www.ehcp.net/helper/yardim/cats.php , domains section.

Maybe the only place where you may need external dns(or similar) manager is "Reverse Dns". In some cases, you may need to assign a reverse dns record. you can only do this in a "server control panel" where you can assign a domain to your server ip. this is called a reverse dns. this is not needed in some cases.

2nd answer: using a second ip in ehcp is possible (not tested too much in latest version of 0.30.4).
do this way:
click add domain or similar links (easy add, add to my ftp etc.)
you will see a link below "Easy Add Domain to different IP" in similar/related functions. click on that.
you may add your domain to a different ip. you need to add new ip once you get there, before adding first domain to that ip. to add an ip, click "list/add/server ips"
this way, all settings will be adjusted so that your new domain will be serverd by new ip.

(Buarada, ben de Türkiye'de yaşıyorum. anlamadığınız bir nokta olursa, tekrar yazın, elimden geldiğince, vakit müsade ettiğince yardımcı olmaya çalışırım. görüşmek üzere..)

Restored from old drupal forum, for user uid:4226 usernameConfusediella
I found that but i want to change ip of already added domain. Also i tried to add new domain using "Easy Add Domain to different IP" but i look in dns record and it seems the same configiration {dnsip}{webip}{mailip}.it mixed up my mind. is that right? that's is it look like the same ip adress?

After adding i see Webserverips:xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx that I do not see the other
well how can change to webserverips in next

Restored from old drupal forum, for user uid:1 username:ehcpdeveloper