Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rights issue between FTP and PHP
Hi,

First of all nice hosting panel.

That said I have a little problem. Actually two problems, but I think they are related. I am running 2 servers, 1 with v0.30.09 and the other with v0.32 and I have seen the problem in both. Both running on a Debian box.

Sometimes some sites (all running Concrete5 CMS) starts showing this error below:

open(/var/www/vhosts/my_user/my_domain.com/phptmpdir/sess_rt8khbci2hpai4fv8204lfrgg3, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in Unknown on line 0 Warning: Unknown: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/var/www/vhosts/my_user/my_domain.com/phptmpdir) in Unknown on line 0

I then go in to /phptmpdir and delete all temp cache files, and all works again

Secondly, When I upload Concrete5 files and folders by FTP, of course I am able to delete these folders and files again and also change there rights. The problem is when Concrete5 sometimes creates new files/folders (cache) by it self, they get created as group "www-data" and owner "www-data" and then I am not able (sometimes) to delete or access these files/folders. Other times they get greated as group "www-data" and owner "vsftpd". Then everything works ok.

So just to round up. If a file is created with owner "www-data" I am in trouble. But if they are created with owner "vsftpd" it seems to be alright. How can I be sure that it would be consistent and all files/folders always can be manipulated by both ftp client and by php scripts.

Hope this makes some sense!

Michael

Restored from old drupal forum, for user uid:4780 username:maargrafisk
You may reset your password to access your new account here.